Expanded Travel Ban for Chinese Nationals
- February 10, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Employment Pass, News, Professional Visit Pass
On Sunday, 9th Feb 2020, the Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister made an announcement that Malaysia has further expanded travel ban on travellers from two more Chinese provinces i.e. Zhejiang and Jiangsu. This takes effect immediately in an effort to contain the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak.
Who is affected?
- Chinese nationals with passport issued by Zhejiang and Jiangsu authorities; and
- Chinese nationals who recently travelled to Zhejiang and Jiangsu
How does it affect you?
- Work permit applications from individuals holdings passports issued from these areas will not be processed.
- Work permit applications from individuals who has travelled to these areas, also, will not be processed.
We applaud and echoed the sentiment of the Federation of Chinese Associations Malaysia (Huazong), in its appeal to the Malaysian government to grant visa extension to Chinese tourists in the country, who wishes to seek safety shelter here.