Malaysia Enters Into Recovery Phase (RMCO)
- June 7, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today announced that the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) currently enforced will end June 9 and will be replaced with the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO). The RMCO takes effect from June 10 until August 31, 2020
Abide more lenient restrictions, international travel, however, is still not permitted as the country’s borders remain shut during the new RMCO.
Here are some insights on the activities/ industries announced recently:
Industries/ Activities Allowed
- Interstate travel
- Public transport services
- Sports and recreational activities are allowed but subject to strict SOPs
- Domestic tourism
- Visiting museums
- Visiting entertainment and creative outlets
- Indoor busking and Filming
- Hair salons
- Open markets such as “pasar pagi” and “pasar malam” (morning and night markets).
Industries/ Activities Not Allowed
- Organising sports events and sports tournament
- Contact sports
- Theme parks, Water theme parks and water park activities
- Reflexology and massage centres
- Pubs and nightclubs, except for restaurant businesses in pubs and nightclubs
- Karaoke centres and family entertainment centres
- Children’s playgrounds in shopping malls
- Overseas tour activities by Malaysian citizens
- Inbound tour activities involving foreign tourists entering Malaysia
- Large gatherings which makes carrying out social distancing difficult to be complied.
A Committee Message From Us:
While companies prepare to open businesses/ offices, please be reminded to comply to the standard operating procedures advised by the Ministry of Health, local authorities and relevant agencies to avoid penalties and/or disruptions to business.
Our Firm continues to act on behalf of our clients for all kind of transactions and inquiries with the immigration authorities. Contact us if our assistance is required.